The Malaysian Network for Agroforestry Education (MaNAFE) is the newest country network member of SEANAFE. It was formally established on 24 November 2008 and accepted to SEANAFE on 17 February 2009 during SEANAFE’s 17th Board meeting in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
MaNAFE aims to strengthen tertiary level agorofrestry education in Malaysia. It envisions being the provider of education and research services to promote agroforestry development in Malaysia. It will serve as a mechanism to promote sharing of experiences, pooling of resources, and development of collaborative activities among its member institutions and other relevant government and nongovernment agencies to meet an increasing demand for well-trained human resources in agroforestry.
• Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
• Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
• Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
• Universiti Darul Iman (UDI)
• Universiti Teknologi MARA (UT-MARA)
• Forest Research Institute Malaysia (FRIM)
• Forestry Department Peninsular Malaysia.(FDPM)
Interim Committee Members
• Assoc. Prof. Dr. Awang Noor Abd. Ghani, Chair (UPM)
• Dr. Ab. Rasip Ab. Ghani (FRIM)
• Dr. Hj. Abd. Rahman Abd. Rahim (FDPM)
• Dr. Adam Puteh (UPM)
• Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mahmud Sudin (UMS)
• Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mohamad Abu Bakar (UDI)
• Ms. Marina Mohd Top Mohd Tah (UPM)
• Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mohd Nazip Suratman (UT-MARA)
• Dr. Azmy Mohamed, Secretary (UPM)
2009 Plan of Activities
- Documentation, compilation and dissemination of a compendium of completed researches related to agroforestry practices/models in Malaysia;
- Implementation of a training cum curriculum development workshop on agroforestry with SEANAFE; and
- Development of an agroforestry research framework in relation to Malaysia’s NAP 3 to serve as guide to research activities of MaNAFE’s member institutions.