Seven abstracts from SEANAFE were accepted for oral and poster presentations at the 2nd World Agroforestry Congress in August 2009.
The two abstracts for oral presentations are:
- Case Study Approach to Curriculum and Teaching Materials Development in Agroforestry Education in Southeast Asia by Jess C. Fernandez from SEANAFE Facilitation Unit; and
- Encouraging Students’ Competencies in Agroforestry Entrepreneurship by Richmund Palma from Misamis Oriental State College of Agricultural Technology affiliated with the Philippine Agroforestry Education and Research Network (PAFERN).
Both papers will be presented during the session on “Integrating Disciplines through Agroforestry Education.” SEANAFE will fully cover the participation of the authors during the Congress.
On the other hand, the 5 abstracts for poster presentations include:
- Improving the Curriculum on Teaching “Markets for Agroforestry Tree Products” in Universities in Southeast Asia by Jess C. Fernandez
- Institutionalization of INAFE on Emerging Roles of ICT on Distance E-Learning of Agroforestry in Indonesia by Christine Wulandari from Lampung University affiliated with the Indonesian Network for Agroforestry Education (INAFE)
- Recognizing the Multifunctionality of Agroforestry in the Philippines: Lessons from the Field by Lutgarda Tolentino, Leila Landicho, Cathy de Luna and Rowena Cabahug from University of the Philippines Los Banos affiliated with PAFERN.
- Harmonizing Disciplines and Resources towards Institutionalization of Agroforestry Science in the Philippines by Lutgarda Tolentino, Leila Landicho, Cathy de Luna and Rowena Cabahug from University of the Philippines Los Banos affiliated with PAFERN.
- Carbon Stock in Dukuh Traditional Agroforestry System in Indonesia by Mahrus Aryadi from Lambung Mangkurat University affiliated with INAFE
The first two abstracts are included in the session on “Integrating Disciplines through Agroforestry Education.” The third and fourth abstracts are accepted under the session on Islands, Agroforestry and Livelihood” while the last abstract under the session on “Carbon Sequestration in Agroforestry.” SEANAFE will be sponsoring the registration fee of the authors to present their posters during the Congress as approved by the SEANAFE Board.